Neonatology is a subspecialty of pediatrics which comprises of medical care and treatment of newborn, children especially those who are born pre-mature or our ill. It is basically a hospital based specialty and is carried out in neonatal intensive care units i.e. NICU. A neonatologist offers care for problems such as infections, breathing disorders and birth defects.
- Some of the common pediatric conditions handled by neonatologists are:
- Care and management of newborns who are born prematurely or are critically ill, or require any kind of surgery.
- Consultation with obstetricians, pediatricians, and family physicians regarding care of newborn infants.
- Diagnosis and treatment of newborns with issues like breathing problems, infections, etc
- Ensuring that premature newborns get proper nutrition for growth and healing.
- Providing care to a newborn during cesarean or any other kind of delivery
- Care of newborns afflicted with any life-threatening medical ailments.
In case any new-born has any kind of infection, birth defect or serious illness, the person who treats all these conditions is called neonatologist. He is a pediatric who is trained to handle high risk conditions. He/she assists the obstetrician not only at time of delivery but also handles subsequent care of the newborn.
Our center of neonatology is equipped with wide array of equipments to offer complete care and treatment of newborns. Latest tools are available to offer prompt medical treatment. The neo-natal intensive care service facilitates provide superb medical care
Our neonatology unit offers best services to the newborn. From birth defects, to serious illness, infection, premature birth, all such conditions are handled with complete expertise so that growth and well-being of the newborn is not compromised at any cost. Our NICU has trained professional to offer special care to our tiniest patients.